Web Design: What are the Key Elements of a Good Website?
Key Elements of A Good Web Design
Web designing is a challenging task because of ever-increasing demand and ever-changing nature of its various uses. We are going to discuss here basic two elements of any web design; Responsive web design and loading time.
Responsive Web Design
Simply, responsive web design allows the layout of a site to change as the screen size changes.The massive increase in usage of mobile has made responsive design an integral part of web designing. With various studies, more than 20 percent of Google searches are now carried out on mobile devices. Main benefits of responsive web designs are;
- Smooth User Experience- Responsive web design is easily accessible on various screen size devices. Mobile is becoming the key device to access a website, out of the 4 billion mobile phones in the world, 1.08 billion are smartphones. Responsive web design gives multiple options to a user to obtain the information by using various devices. He never feels lost when he is using any other device to continue viewing your website.In short, it offers smooth user experience.
- SEO Friendly Google has played the significant role by rewarding responsive websites. As of April 21st, 2015, Google began rewarding websites that were built responsively for multi-device support.
- Scalability Responsive websites are fluid, scaling to best fit the screens being used to reach the site. Whatever mobile screen size comes on the market, the responsive website will be ready to align itself.
Wait, Long loading time is the last thing you want for your website. The following load time optimization steps can reduce load time.
- Convert large images into a lower-quality format, such as using a more compressed JPEG encoding scheme.
- Implement a client-side caching scheme; while the initial page. loading might remain pokey, navigation around the site is snappy.
- Visitors begin to see your page immediately, with its graphic content arriving in the background use Lazy- Load images technique
- Run good page-speed profiles.
- Use the profiles automated hints and suggestions as starting points for alternative coding.
- Finally, measure your experiments and ruled by measurements, not subjective impressions.
A good website is just like a good driving machine which responds to the various situation of users. We have mentioned a few aspects here but there are too many elements to cover like intelligent navigation, not changing the font until and unless it is necessary, website security, good hosting, and comprehensive content. In the following blog, we will focus on web hosting.
Know Your GDPR: Is Your Law Firm Protected?
GDPR and Cyber-Crime: Are You Aware of the Risks? The term GDPR is everywhere in the media today and for very good reason. Cyber-crime can no longer be seen as a risk to only the big companies or just the financial sector. A total of 78% (the equivalent to 1.9 million incidents) of cyber-crimes as reported by the (Crime Survey for England and Wales CSW) - were incidents...
How to Design a Website? Web Design Concepts, Trends and First Steps
Web Design Concepts from the Experts: The Zapro Perspective “Every work of art, from the Sistine Chapel to the Golden Gate Bridge to the King James Bible, is founded on a concept. A diet should have a concept. An invasion of a foreign country should have a concept. A salad should have a concept.” Steven Pressfield. Simila...
Why is WordPress the Best Content Management System for Websites
Why is WordPress the Most Popular Content Management System in the World? Initially, the creators of WordPress intended it's purpose as weblogging or blogging software. A blog, as defined in the Codex Glossary, is an online journal, diary, or serial, published by a person or group of people. (www.codex.wordpress.org). But th...
6 Elements of an Effective Content Strategy for Your App
The Buyers Journey and How it Affects Creating an Effective Content Strategy. The buyer's journey is the process that potential customers go through before and after purchasing your product or your application. It is important for you to provide a relevant and effective content s...