Web Design: What are the Key Elements of a Good Website?
by Jennifer Connell // 20.06.2017
Key Elements of A Good Web Design
Web designing is a challenging task because of ever-increasing demand and ever-changing nature of its various uses. We are going to discuss here basic two elements of any web design; Responsive web design and loading time.
Responsive Web Design
Simply, responsive web design allows the layout of a site to change as the screen size changes.The massive increase in usage of mobile has made responsive design an integral part of web designing. With various studies, more than 20 percent of Google searches are now carried out on mobile devices. Main benefits of responsive web designs are;
- Smooth User Experience- Responsive web design is easily accessible on various screen size devices. Mobile is becoming the key device to access a website, out of the 4 billion mobile phones in the world, 1.08 billion are smartphones. Responsive web design gives multiple options to a user to obtain the information by using various devices. He never feels lost when he is using any other device to continue viewing your website.In short, it offers smooth user experience.
- SEO Friendly Google has played the significant role by rewarding responsive websites. As of April 21st, 2015, Google began rewarding websites that were built responsively for multi-device support.
- Scalability Responsive websites are fluid, scaling to best fit the screens being used to reach the site. Whatever mobile screen size comes on the market, the responsive website will be ready to align itself.
Wait, Long loading time is the last thing you want for your website. The following load time optimization steps can reduce load time.
- Convert large images into a lower-quality format, such as using a more compressed JPEG encoding scheme.
- Implement a client-side caching scheme; while the initial page. loading might remain pokey, navigation around the site is snappy.
- Visitors begin to see your page immediately, with its graphic content arriving in the background use Lazy- Load images technique
- Run good page-speed profiles.
- Use the profiles automated hints and suggestions as starting points for alternative coding.
- Finally, measure your experiments and ruled by measurements, not subjective impressions.
A good website is just like a good driving machine which responds to the various situation of users. We have mentioned a few aspects here but there are too many elements to cover like intelligent navigation, not changing the font until and unless it is necessary, website security, good hosting, and comprehensive content. In the following blog, we will focus on web hosting.