Role of Social Media in Internet Marketing for SMEs
by Jennifer Connell // 04.01.2018
The Link Between Social Media and Internet Marketing
The first step to any social media marketing strategy is to establish the internet marketing objectives. This should include the goals that a company wishes to achieve over a period of time. Because without goals, there will be no means of gauging success or proving a social media return on investment (ROI). Having these objectives will also allow the marketing team to quickly react when social media campaigns are not meeting the expectations. As an illustration, the assistance of an online marketing company can help companies establish these objectives if they do not have a marketing plan in place yet.
Improve your Internet Marketing Efforts by Establishing Social Media Marketing Objectives
Speaking of a social media marketing plan. A simple way to start your own social media marketing plan is by establishing at least three social media objectives for each social channel. This forms the basis of internet marketing and is essential for every SME to expand. Additionally, these objectives can assist in determining quality control measures. Feedback provided according to alignment to the plan then forms the basis for continued support and improvement.
Examples of Social Media Goals:
- Promote your business and convert readers into customers, and generate profit
- Be a source of Information / Knowledgebase for your audience.
- Share ideas and stories from thought leaders in our industry and like minded businesses
A Fresh Perspective on Social Media – What to Write About
An essential ingredient of every company’s marketing plan is content. It is a good idea for SME’s to invest in good content.
Generally speaking, there are many sources are available on the internet today for the procurement of proper content. Online marketing service providers such as HootSuite, for example, offer a complete system for social media planning and the execution thereof.
A real benefit of procuring the expertise of online marketing guru’s (as with our very own Zapro) is that the content comes tailor-made for your business and optimized for SEO. It is also important to remember online marketing service providers include the analytics necessary to measure the ROI in their service packages as well. Making for a constructive, creative and measurable plan.
Advice from the Content Creators
We would like to leave you with a few take always on creating content that counts.
- Adhere to a specific business area and create themes according to your desired target audience.
- Be informative, creative and thought-provoking.
- Inspire a constant flow of creative posts on the accompanying social channels.
- Inspire a flow of creative graphics.
- Topics can be formulated into questions in order to attract more readers attention.
- Get social media inspiration from industry leaders, competitors, clients.
- Promote your business with consistent content your audience gets to know and trust. Followers should be excited to see another post and be inspired to read it.