Paid Search Marketing Explained
by Jennifer Connell // 30.08.2017
What Is Paid Search Marketing or Search Engine Marketing?
Search engine marketing (SEM) or paid search marketing can be described as a type of Internet marketing that involves the advancement of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs). Furthermore, paid advertising is the primary form of search engine marketing.
How Does Search Engine Marketing Work?
SEM is divided into two categories: organic search engine optimization and paid search strategies. Of course, both are important. As you might expect, the aptly named organic SEM is a natural way to drive traffic to your website through the practice of high rankings in search engines. Because search engine algorithms determine natural rankings, various search engine optimization (SEO) practices can help you achieve optimized results.
How Does Paid Search Marketing Work?
On the other end of the spectrum, paid search marketing advertises your website for a fee. When consumers type in specific keywords or phrases your website displays itself on the search engine results pages (SERP). The SERP displays the ads that you pay for and creates to direct viewers to your website.
The fee you pay is usually based on either clicks on or views of these ads. In simple terms, you pay to rank on sponsored search listings. Both organic and paid listings appear on the search engine pages, usually with the paid results listed at the top and right of the organic search listings. Hubspot states that most searchers click on the organic results – in fact, over 70% of internet user’s click on the organic search results, whilst the remaining 30% will click on the paid links.
Google says however that 64.6% of users will click on Google ads if they are looking to buy an item online. With Google at the forefront of search engine optimization, there are a few ways in which you can use paid search marketing to improve the rankings of your website’s listing in Google. Here is a short explanation:
Pay Per Click (PPC)
The PPC model allows advertisers to pay a fee every time a user clicks on their ad. This is an effective way to buy visits to your website and can be faster than organic search engine optimizations. One of the most popular forms of PPC is search engine advertising.
Cost Per Click (CPC)
CPC is the actual price you pay for each click you receive. YYou pay Google from the budget of your marketing campaign. This is how Google makes money from search. The calculation of CPC can become complicated, with Google offering ads and specific keywords to the highest bidder. In short, the advertiser determines the CPC, with some advertisers willing to pay more per click than others.
Google provides and AdWords service for businesses who want to display ads on Google and its advertising networks. This program is largely focused on keywords which allow businesses to set a budget for advertising and to only pay when people click the ads. In conclusion, you can use paid search marketing as a compliment to your inbound marketing efforts to obtain your SEO.
A good combination of organic and paid search marketing can help you obtain the results you want. To be visible on the web. This post serves as an introduction to the subject. Keep your eyes on our Blog for more articles on the matter of search engine marketing services for success. – The Zapro perspective.